Resource faculty provide skillful coaching and deep experience in higher education.
Pat Hutchings, Senior Scholar – National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
Pat serves as a senior scholar with the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA). Pat earned her Ph.D. in English from the University of Iowa. Her work has focused on a variety of strategies for creating a campus culture of teaching and learning: student learning outcomes assessment, assignment design, integrative learning, the peer collaboration and review of teaching, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. Prior to her work with NILOA, she was senior scholar and vice president at The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Jillian Kinzie, Associate Director – Center for Postsecondary Research Indiana University
Jillian serves as the Associate Director, Center for Postsecondary Research and the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) Institute, Indiana University School of Education and serves as senior scholar with the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) project. She earned her PhD from Indiana University in higher education with a minor in women’s studies. Her current focus is on effective use of student engagement data to improve educational quality. In prior roles, she has served as faculty, coordinated a master’s program in higher education and student affairs, and worked in academic and student affairs.
Julia Metzker, Director – Washington Center for Improving Undergraduate Education
Julia has experience in many aspects of building effective learning environments and assessing student growth. Currently, she serves as the Director for the Washington Center. She has founded and led a center for faculty excellence and a center for community-based learning. Prior, she served as faculty in chemistry at a public liberal arts university. Julia believes in the power of a liberal arts education to transform individuals and heal communities.
Larry Roper, Professor, School of Language, Culture and Society – Oregon State University
Larry is a Professor in the School of Language, Culture, and Society, where he coordinates the undergraduate Social Justice minor and the CSSA Masters program. He has held many leadership roles in higher education in housing, career services, student conduct, multicultural services, as a dean of students, and as an accreditation commissioner. His current areas of research include multiculturalism and diversity, community building, leadership, and identity. Larry finds student affairs and higher education work to be energizing and inspiring.
Additional resource faculty include:
- Laurette Blakey-Foster, Prairie View A&M University
- Chris Calienes, Kingsborough Community College
- Phyllis Dawkins, Higher Education Consultant
- Wendi Dew, Valencia College
- Phyllis Esposito, Edgewood College
- David Finnley, Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Richie Gebauer, Cabrini University
- Janine Graziano, Kingsborough Community College
- Michelle Guzman-Armillo,Dona Ana Community College
- Joye Hardiman, Faculty Emeritus
- Carlos Huerta, Prairie View A&M University - Corpus Christi
- Tate Hurvitz, Grossmont College
- Emily Lardner, Highline College
- Jen Leptien, Iowa State University
- Matt Scammell, Skagit Valley College
- Lloyd Sheldon-Johnson, Bunker Hill Community College
- Marissa Schlesinger, Tacoma Community College
- Chris Schnick, Chandler-Gilbert College
- Rachel Singer, The Washington Center
- Ana Torres-Bower, Cerritos College
- Jonathan Walker, George Washington University
- Jen Whetham, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Sonja Wiedenhaupt, The Evergreen State College