Save the Date
National Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education
July 10-13, 2023
Evergreen State College
The National Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education is a team event. You bring a team of invested people with knowledge about an issue that matters on your campus. The Washington Center will provide skillful coaching, a tested action-planning process, and thought-provoking opportunities to learn from well-known experts.
The institute offers your campus team the time and support they need to develop action plans for equity-focused initiatives.
Almost any initiative that has the goal of improving equitable outcomes for students is appropriate for the institute. Potential project areas include
- Addressing equity gaps
- Learning communities as a high-impact practice
- Guided pathways implementation
- Evidence-based teaching
- Supporting the whole student through holistic and culturally-competent advising
- Equity-minded professional development for faculty and staff
- Learner-centered assessment and building a culture of evidence
- Serving and supporting returning adult students
JuliA Metzker, Director
Join the Collaborative!
Interested in getting a taste of what the summer institute might offer? Consider attending one of our Collaborative mini-workshops this year. To learn more, visit our Collaborative webpage.