Washington Center Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education
Deadline for team applications extended until May 2020!
Apply NOW! Need more time to complete the application? No problem! Send us a short email that briefly describes what your team will be working on. Applications must be submitted by May 2020 in order to ensure your team application is considered during the final planning of sessions and coaching assignments.
Successful teams have 4+ people, with at least one faculty member, one student affairs staff and one academic administrator.
The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA
July 13-17, 2020
Dr. Frank Harris III (Co-Director of the Community College Equity Assessment Lab (CCEAL) at San Diego State University)
Registration fees are $1,400 per team member. Fees include:
- Lodging in Evergreen's apartment-style dorms from July 13-July 16 (Thursday night lodging is included in the cost of attending).
- All meals, served in the Longhouse Education and Cultural Center, with the exception of one dinner where you can explore Olympia's eateries.
- Carefully curated plenaries and sessions to support your planning.
- Dedicated support from skilled, experienced resource faculty.
The Washington Center Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education will offer your campus team the time and support to develop a two-year action plan for your campus initiative. You bring a team of invested people with knowledge about an issue that matters on your campus. We will provide skillful coaching, time away from campus, and thought-provoking opportunities to learn from well-known experts.
Bring a team to the institute to develop a two-year action plan to start, expand or strengthen your change initiative. Areas of focus include:
- Learning communities
- Guided pathways
- Assessment of student learning
- Accreditation planning
- Faculty/staff development
- Equitable student outcomes
- Supporting adult learners