Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education
We are excited to announce that the application for the 2020 summer institute is open now. Apply Now!
July 13-16, 2020
The Evergreen State College
The institute brings the right people together to develop strategies that will move the needle on issues of significance. Teams have the time, coaching, and structure they need to build implementable plans to bring back to campus.
The Washington Center Summer Institute for Improving Undergraduate Education will give your campus team dedicated time to develop a 2-year action plan with tailored support. Teams benefit from experienced resource faculty knowledgeable in developing and sustaining learning community programs, building effective assessment and accreditation plans, guided pathways, faculty development and more. For 22 years, campuses have been sending teams to this institute to make progress on important change initiatives. We’ve helped over 525 campus teams build plans to improve student outcomes.
Bring a team to the 2020 Summer Institute to develop a 2-year action plan to...
- Start, expand, or strengthen learning community and guided pathways programs;
- Build effective assessment and accreditation plans;
- Create a development plan that will engage faculty and staff in addressing important challenges.
- Support adult learners
Successful teams have 4+ people, with at least one faculty member, one student affairs staff and one academic administrator.
Registration fees are $1,400 per team member. Applications received by February 15, 2020, will receive a $25 discount per team member.
- Lodging in Evergreen's apartment-style dorms from July 13-July 16 (Thursday night lodging is included in the cost of attending).
- All meals, served in the Longhouse Education and Cultural Center, with the exception of one dinner where you can explore Olympia's eateries.
- Carefully curated plenaries and sessions to support your planning.
- Dedicated support from skilled, experiences resource faculty.